Monday 13 August 2012

Cheers To That

So another year has passed in the life of Rheuma Girl. I suppose at least this year despite the ups and downs, I have something more to show for my nearly 26 years. I cant believe this journey started 4 years ago. So much has changed from that point. But in the past year I have at least established myself as a businesswoman (that sounds really weird!). I have ran with my ideas, and turned them into reality through hard work and determination. I want to look back on my life and not just be the girl with that disease or that condition that people take pity on. I want to be acknowledged for the type of person I am and what I have achieved. I think running a business at 25 is quite an achievement anyway.
Considering this year started pretty badly, I have once again picked myself up, dusted myself off and carried on regardless. I didnt anticipate being alone this year, but to be honest I have never felt more lonely than right now throughout everything. As much as I appreciate my family and good friends who have showed support, I cant help but feel left behind a little. I think its the challenge of going about day to day life, being proud or excited about things and not having anyone to share it with. I am so happy for friends who have grown up, found solid relationships and are looking to the future but at 26, my future still feels so far away. I cant help but wonder about having a family and getting in a serious relationship. I always thought I would have most of that covered by now. As a young girl, 26 always seemed so old! I figured I would have at least settled down, but things change, people come and go and you start to cross out all of the people that shouldnt really be in your life. Which ultimately means youre left with the good ones that will always be there.
What am I hoping for this year? Well, I know it cannot be forced but I would like to think I may find someone special enough to start thinking about a future with. Maybe I have already met them but not realised yet? I would also like to think my business will become more established, and continue to be enjoyable and realistic in terms of my lifestyle. At the moment I can manage but with help. So here's to being 26... and to the anticipation of something great to come this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment